The Czech Center Museum Houston Presents an Academic Scholarship
This scholarship fund was established by Thelma Burnett Maresh in memory of her granddaughter to be used for educational grants to children of Czech descent.
Three (3) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students of Czech descent who anticipate continued identification with the Czech community. A scholarship recipient may apply for grant renewal three additional years.
An applicant must be:
- A full-time undergraduate degree candidate to an accredited four-year college or university;
- Born of Czech parentage (at least one parent);
- Able to identify and communicate with the Czech community;
- Able to verify academic ability;
- Able to demonstrate financial need;
- A U.S. citizen;
- Resident of the State of Texas, however, out-of-state residents may apply if a son or daughter of a member in good standing of the Czech Center Museum Houston and meets the other requirements herein.
Click here to print out PDF of scholarship application form. Completed applications should be returned by June 1, 2017 to the Czech Center Museum Houston at the address shown at the top of the application.